You are here

Furry friends welcome to help enjoy your golden years

ANIMAL lovers can put their mind at ease knowing the collection of luxury retirement apartments in the heart of St Andrews encourage pet-friendly living, with occupants welcome to have well- behaved animals.   

The Walled Gardens understand the importance of having a pet for company and has opened its doors to pets of all shapes and sizes - accommodating residents needs to make retirement the best it can be.

Research suggests adopting or owning a pet has significant benefits to one’s mental, physical and social wellbeing.

From lowering blood pressure to increased physical activity, pets have shown to help reduce symptoms of depression and feelings of loneliness.

It has also been suggested that pets provide individuals with a greater sense of purpose and life satisfaction along with the ability to facilitate greater social interactions from more regular walks.

With many parks and green spaces close by as well as miles of unspoiled beaches, St Andrews isn’t short of places to get outside and explore with a furry friend.

Coleen Clark, Development & Sales Coordinator at Bield, said: “Apartments at The Walled Gardens can adapt to residents needs and allow flexible living options to provide a sense of freedom and independence to turn an apartment into a home

“Whether that’s creating a pet friendly space or changing the way a room is designed, there’s really no restrictions on what can be done, making each apartment unique to the individual.  

“The location is excellent for those with dogs as The Walled Gardens has access to quick strolls or long wonderous walks right from your doorstep”.

The Walled Gardens offer 1-2 bedroom spacious and modern retirement apartments and the remaining five apartments benefit from a 7.5% price reduction with the first weekly shop on the house with a £150 M&S voucher upon completion of sale.

With a flexible shared ownership scheme, buyers also have the option to purchase 75% of their property, freeing up equity for their golden year and can consider to purchase the remaining 25% after one year of residence.

Virtual and private viewings are available to book now, either conducted by sales staff in accordance with strict social distancing requirements, or from the comfort of your own home.

Following government guidance, viewings are available by appointment only.

Thinking of moving to St Andrews? Contact Thorntons on 01334 474200 to arrange a viewing appointment or visit: https://www.thewalledgardensstandrews.co.uk

Top